The Kestrel Elite with Applied Ballistics is the most advanced hand held ballistic calculator available. This is the next generation of hand held ballistic calculators, having replaced the Kestrel 4500 AB. Capable of integrating with Laser Range Finders and Mobile Devices via Bluetooth the Kestrel Elite with LiNK can feed real time atmospheric and ballistic data to different devices. Bluetooth models can be used to manage weapon profiles, or to live feed atmospheric data in to mobile apps. The AB Model has the ability to use Custom Drag Models or G1/G7 BCs from the full time Ballistics Lab.
The Kestrel Elite has built in real time atmospheric sensors. Feeding the built in Applied Ballistics calculator with Temp, Pressure, Humidity and Wind. This gives the ballistic solver accurate data as the atmospherics change.
The Kestrel with Applied Ballistics is the go to Ballistic Calculator for our Men and Women of the military. It was selected as a top 6 pick in elite sniper tech, and was also selected as the Scout Sniper Ballistic Computer to be issued out to Snipers in the United States Marine Corps.
Assembled in the USA and BERRY compliant.
Current FW Version: 1.25 (April 2019)
To receive notifications about this device and the associated app, sign up here: Kestrel 5700 & App Important Notification Subscription
1. AB Ballistic Engine – Most Advanced/Accurate ballistic solver on the market. Trusted by Professionals.
2. Easy Mode – Simplified mode for single target engagements with easy to understand walk through.
3. Custom Drag Model Library – (Optional) AB was the first to develop a publically available system/library with Custom Drag Models. More accurate than G1/G7 BCs. Not available on the Sportsman Model. Custom Drag Models Explained. Uses a Coefficient of Drag (CD vs Mach) instead of a BC.
4. G1/G7 BC – Users can choose CDM or G1/G7 Tested BCs when profile building.
5. Bluetooth – (Optional) This optional feature allows you to connect to mobile devices and use the companion apps.
6. 30 Guns – (Optional) The Elite Model can store up to 16 guns, the Sportsman can store up to 3.
7. Multi Color Backlight – (Optional) Users can set the backlight color to a night vision friendly red, or to white.
8. Ballistic Calibration Feature – DSF (BC) Calibration ability. Ballistic Calibration Article.
9. Muzzle Velocity Calibration Walk through – Easy to understand muzzle velocity calibration tool, to ensure higher accuracy during calibration.
10. Muzzle Velocity Calibration Feature – Muzzle Velocity Calibration Tool.
11. Muzzle Velocity Temp-Table – Muzzle Velocity Temperature Table has the ability to true your MV for changes in environmental factors. Can be turned on/off.
12. Coriolis Effect – Ability to calculate Coriolis.
13. Spin Drift – Ability to calculate spin drift. Can be turned on/off.
14. Aerodynamic Jump – AB was the first Ballistic Calculator available to the public to automatically calculates Aerodynamic Jump.
15. Moving Target – Users have the ability to input a moving target speed and direction to be included in the calculation.
16. Range Estimation – Users can mil targets using their reticle and the built in range estimation tool. Commonly referred to as “Milling Targets”
17. Inclination – Users have the ability to input the angle to the target, and have an Uphill/Downhill corrected firing solution. This is not a simple co-sign adjustment. The ballistic solver is correctly adjusted for the true change in uphill vs downhill.
18. Range Card – Built in range card with adjustable increments (10, 20, 25, 50, & 100).
19. Multi-Target Function – Allows the creation of 10 unique targets.
20. Multiple Saved Targets – (Optional) Elite can store up to 5 different targets for rapid transition, Sportsman has 1 target only.
21. Ballistics Data – Ballistics Data Table with: Range, Elevation, Wind 1, Wind 2, Lead (Moving Target), Vertical Coriolis, Horizontal Coriolis, Spin Drift, Aerodynamic Jump, Remaining Velocity, Remaining Energy, Time of Flight, Max Ordinance (highest point in trajectory), Drop (true drop from barrel), Reaches Transonic Range, Reaches Subsonic Range
22. Density Altitude – Device calculates and reports DA to user.
23. GPS From Device – Capable of receiving GPS location from the Kestrel LiNK Ballistics App.
24. Multiple Readings – More than a dozen different measurements simultaneously.
25. Data Logging – Atmospheric Data logging 24/7 with adjustable logging rate.
26. Replaceable Impeller – Patented user replaceable impellers as they wear out.
27. Multiple Languages – English, French, German, and Spanish.
28. Metric Support – Ability to use Metric or Imperial Inputs/Outputs.
29. Mil Spec – Mil-Std 810g Drop Tested + IP67 Waterproof.
2. Wind Speed
3. Wind Direction
4. Crosswind (Degrees or Clock Value)
6. Relative Humidity
7. Barometric Pressure
8. Station Pressure
9. Density Altitude
10. Wind Chill
11. Heat Stress Index
12. Dew Point Temp
13. Wet Bulb Temp
14. Compass Direction
16. Pressure Trends
Device Compatibility: Sig Sauer® 2400 BDX Monocular Laser Range Finder, 3000 BDX Binocular Laser Range Finder, & Sierra 3 BDX Rifle Scopes – Bushnell Elite 1 Mile CONX – Wilcox® Ind. RAPTAR-S™ – Steiner® M830r LRF 1535nm Binoculars – Terrapin-X – Leica 2800.com
PDF Quick Start Guide: Click Here
PDF User Manual: Click Here
Kestrel Elite vs. Kestrel 4500 Comparison: Click Here
Kestrel LiNK Ballistics App(Free)
Requirements: Kestrel Elite with LiNK.
Kestrel LiNK Ballistics User Guide: Click Here
Kestrel LiNK Ballistics PDF User Guide: Click Here
AB Profile Loader – PC (Free) (Version 68)
Updated: September 2018
Download PDF User Guide
Works With: Garmin Foretrex 701, Kestrel 5700 Elite/Sportsman, Kestrel 4500 AB/Sportsman, and REM 100/200.
Requirements: Kestrel Elite requires the Data Cable, will not work with Bluetooth.
System Requirements: Windows 7, 8, or 10. Mac Sierra or Yosemite and newer.
The profile loader is a tool used to manage profiles on your kestrel, or Garmin device. You can upload, download, and edit profiles via this tool. It contains the G1, G7 and Custom Drag Model Libraries from our Laboratory. To learn more see the user guide.
LiNK Ballistics – PC & Mac (Free) (Version 1.04.03)
Updated: October 2017
Kestrel FW Version (1.25)(April 2019)
Download For PC Here Download For MAC Here
Works With: Kestrel 5700 Elite/Sportsman.
Requirements: Dongle or IR Cable.
System Requirements: Windows 7, 8 or 10. MAC OS X El Capitan or Newer.
The LiNK Ballistics PC Software is used to manage and update system settings and firmware on the Kestrel 5700 Elite/Sportsman with Applied Ballistics. This software is specifically for managing settings and updating firmware. To manage weapon profiles see the AB Profile Loader.
Currently available for purchase from our online store: Buy Now
Upgrades from 4500 Series:
1. Display – High Resolution/Contrast Upgrade
2. Screen Lens – upgraded to .006 ballistic polycarbonate.
3. Backlight – Red & White user changeable.
4. 30 Guns – The new Kestrel Elite can hold 30 guns, vs the 4500’s 16.
5. 5500 Yards vs 4000 Yards – The new Kestrel Elite can provide solutions to 5500 yards, vs the 4500s 4000 yard limit.
6. Multi-Target – The Kestrel Elite has a built in 10 target Multi-Target function.
7. Keypad – 9 button upgrade, easier to navigate.
8. Bluetooth – Upgraded to BLE (Android and iOS Compatible) 100 foot range.
9. Battery Door – Upgraded, no longer resets device, more robust.
10. Single Battery – Same life as 4500 on single AA Ultimate Lithium.
11. Device Integration – Ability to integrate and work with other devices like LRF’s.
12. Navigation/Menu – Easier to navigate menu/gun management.
13. Processor – Upgraded from 16bit(20mhz) in 4500 to 32bit(24mhz) in the Elite.
14. EEPROM – Upgraded from 64kb(4500) to 512kb(Elite).
15. Memory – Upgraded from 16kb(4500) to 64kb(Elite).
16. Up-gradable – K5700 Sportsman can be upgraded to Elite.
17. Docking Cable – Upgraded to waterproof cable.