Applied Ballistics® Analytics is the ultimate desktop Ballistics program. Using the Applied Ballistics® solver, you can calculate ballistics based on G1 or G7 referenced BC’s as well as the full library of Applied Ballistics® custom drag models. The state of the art solver combined with laboratory measured drag data makes this the best and most complete solver on the market.
In addition to the full suite of conventional ballistics features, the Applied Ballistics® Analysis Package also offers a unique capability: Weapon Employment Zone (WEZ) analysis. WEZ analysis looks at your probability of hit on targets at various ranges given user selectable uncertainty parameters. For example, you can explore the driving factors in your hit percentage against a 10” square target at 800 yards for two different rifles with a defined wind uncertainty. The method and many specific analysis were published in Bryan Litz’ book: ”Accuracy and Precision for Long Range Shooting”. Now you can have the power of this analysis technique to explore your own rifles and uncertainty environments. This book is included with the purchase of the software.
The third feature of this software is Wind Profile Analysis. You can average your wind from up to 10 different points between you and the target. This feature will also link up with the Wind Sensor Array which is a system built to order for your specific range.
AB Analytics comes integrated with the AB Profile loader. This allows the user to take profiles they have generated and upload them to compatible devices. For more information on, and to learn how to use the Profile Loader go here: AB Profile Loader Page
Current Version: 70 (January 2019)
Current Bullet Library: 811 – Click Here
For detailed information on each feature, see the user manual in the support tab.
1. AB Engine.
2. Custom Drag Model Library. To learn more see here: CDMs
3. G1/G7 Tested BCs – G1/G7 tested data on over 800+ bullets. This is not the advertised BCs from the manufacturer, but the tested data from the AB Lab.
4. Ballistic Calibration Tools.
5. Muzzle Velocity Calibration Tool.
6. Scope Turret Trueing Factor.
7. Muzzle Velocity Temp-Table.
8. Vertical & Horizontal Coriolis.
9. Spin Drift.
10. Aerodynamic Jump.
11. Maximum Ordinate & Max Ord Range.
12. Moving Targets.
13. Zero Offset.
14. Sight In Conditions.
16. Firing Solution Components.
17. Range Card.
18. Printable Custom Range Cards.
19. Velocity, Energy, and Mach Reported.
20. Weapon Employment Zone Analysis.
21. WEZ Variable Target Shapes/Sizes.
22. Wind Profile Analysis. – Users may input up to 10 different wind zones in 6 directions (Vertical, Crosswind, Head/Tail Wind).
24. Save, Store, Edit profiles.
25. Share Profiles.
26. Multiple Instances – Ability to run more than one instance at a time, for comparison between bullets, cartridges, calibers, etc.
26. Density Altitude(DA) Output.
26. Gyroscopic Stability Factor (SG). – The software calculates the SG of the bullet, indicating if you have below optimal Gyroscopic Stability. For every 0.1 below an SG of 1.5 the bullet loses an estimated 3% BC. Taking into account the Bullets information, Rifle information, and Environmental Factors this program will give you an SG.
Requirements – Windows 7/Newer or MAC*
*MAC Users – It is possible to install and run on a MAC but we cannot guarantee compatibility. Users have had success with VMWare and Homebrew.
Mobile Usage: This software is not available on mobile devices. However netbooks have become more and more mobile, including 2 in 1 devices where the keyboard will disconnect becoming a tablet. It is possible to run this software on a 2 in 1 platform as long as it contains a full version of Windows 10 such as the Nextbook Flexx and Asus Transformer Books. You must make sure it has windows 10 home and NOT windows mobile in order for it to work. It is also important that the device has a USB Port. Not all netbooks come with USB ports on them Some only have the USB Port on the Keyboard, Nextbook Flexx for example. Meaning you can only use USB Devices while they are docked to the keyboard. This is where 2 in 1 or non detachable devices can be a better choice. While the keyboard does not detach, it does fold behind the screen making it tablet like. Example: Asus Q53UX. While not as small, they maintain all the functionality of a laptop while folded flat. Warning: Some 2 in 1 devices are Windows Mobile and/or Android. Read the specs before you buy. They need to be Windows 10 Home or newer.
Availability: PC & Mac
AB Analytics is available one of two ways:
1. You can purchase the software in the Applied Ballistics Store. This program is a package that comes with the book Accuracy and Precision for Long Range Shooting: Store Link!
2. This software is included free for seminar attendees. Along with getting the software, you also get hands on instruction in how to use it and how to run WEZ: Seminar Link!